Beardology Records was created in May of 2006 by two beardologists: Daniel Sanford and David Peck. We at Beardology know that a man’s beard is the source of his power. Our music is the audible result of experiments we have conducted with beards in order to better understand their mystery. The goal of Beardology Records is to share our findings so the world may know of the wonders a beard has to offer. All styles of music are accepted here.
1503B Rockdale Circle
Austin, TX 78707
We are currently accepting demos from prospective artists. If you have a demo you would like for us to hear, please e-mail or ship the following things to the addresses above.
1. Five or more of your very best songs.
2. A short biography about yourself and what you do.
3. Any information about previous work with labels, reviews you have received, or
shows you have played.
4. You are invited to include pictures of yourself or link us to your myspace or facebook page.
We’re now accepting mixtapes. Are you a DJ that has put together 25 to 80 minutes of your sets? Please send us your submissions!
1. You didn’t do any sort of creative blending/mashups/transitions. Simple crossfades will not suffice!
2. Wildly disparate volume changes. You’re the DJ, get those levels uniform!
3. Over 80 minutes. The idea is to let people burn these to cds, which we understand are an outdated medium (just as the “tape” part of mixtapes). However, don’t expect us to sit through more than 80 minutes of your stuff. Either you’ve got us by that point or you’re just wasting everyone’s time.
4. No album artwork. If you don’t have original album artwork, we won’t accept this. Just get a buddy to take a picture of you while you’re DJing. Or make something cool in Photoshop. Whatever you want to do, just get some kind of artwork.
5. Too much music from one artist. A few repeats are ok, but just don’t submit your All Rush mixtape that you listened to at the arcade. Mix it up.